Intro to Meterology & Astronomy Curriculum Pack by Michael Oard and Dr. Jonathan Henry for Jr High Grade 7 8 9
Intro to Meteorology & Astronomy
7th - 9th Grade
by MichaelOard and Dr. Jonathan Henry
These two titles from best-selling Wonders of Creation Series are combined for a full year of study. With a focus on earth’s weather patterns and the infinite space beyond our atmosphere, students will have their faith affirmed as a biblical worldview is developed. Combined with the Parent Lesson Planner, you will have a detailed calendar for each week of study, reproducible worksheets, quizzes and tests, and answers keys to help grade all assignments.
Introduction to Meteorology and Astronomy
This is the suggested course sequence that allows one core area of science to be studied per semester. You can change the sequence of the semesters per the needs or interests of your student; materials for each semester are independent of one another to allow flexibility.
Semester 1: Meteorology
The Earth was created to be the dwelling place of man. It is a complex world and its weather patterns affect our lives every day. Whether you live near the equator, a polar region, or somewhere in between, knowledge of the weather is important.
The Weather Book will teach you:
- Why our exact distance from the sun allows life on earth
- How the weather on the other side of the earth affects you
- How clouds form and how to identify the different types
- What the difference is between a cold and warm front
- Why you can often see lightning long before you can hear thunder
- How to build your own weather station
- How to survive in dangerous weather
- What the greenhouse effect and the ozone hole are
- What Noah’s flood and the Ice Age have in common
- How weatherpersons forecast hurricanes and tornadoes
- How to read a weather map
- And what our responsibility is to the environment.
Learning about the weather is fun! It will change the way you look at the clouds in the sky. Now you’ll have more of an understanding about what is going on miles above your head. And when you hear a weather report on television, you will understand so much more about the world around you!.
Semester 2: Astronomy
One thing we have in common with the ancients is that all of the human race has gazed at the night sky, and the bright morning, and wondered, “What’s out there?” Our universe is so vast and awe-inspiring that to learn about it is to learn about ourselves.
The Astronomy Book will teach you:
- What long-ago astronomers thought about other worlds
- Solar system facts
- How constellations relate to astrology
- The history of space exploration
- Black holes-do they exist?
- The origin and age of the moon
- Why Mars doesn't support life
- The composition of stars
- Supernova remnants and the myth of star birth
- Asteroid legends and the extinction of the dinosaurs
- Are there planets outside our solar system, and could they be home to intelligent life?
- What are UFOs?
- And the age of comets and meteor showers.
Learning about the universe is huge fun! In the almost infinite expanse above us, we can examine planets, galaxies, and phenomena so beautiful and complex that we never outgrow a childlike wonder. We see our own reflection in the moon, the stars, and in comet trails. The more we learn, the less we fear!
This Package Includes: The Weather Book, The Astronomy Book, and the Lesson Planner. This wonderful resource is a 1 Year Curriculm, specifully designed for students in 7th - 9th Grade, and is worth 1/2 Credit.
Also, if you were to buy all of these books individually, they would cost a total of $45.97, so make sure to get yours here at a great discount!
And remember, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
An amazing set to begin laying the foundation of Biblical truth for your young children or grandchildren!
Inexpensive Media Mail shipping available, or you could upgrade if you like.
Ancient Paths Christian Bookstore
Excellent books at excellent prices!